QAFP Exam Overview
On January 1, 2020, QUALIFIED ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL PLANNER certification replaced the FPSC Level 1 certification. The QAFP Exam is a four-hour examination divided into two, two hour sessions consisting of up to 100 multiple-choice questions, both stand-alone and case based related questions.
The test specifications are published in the FP Canada Blueprint: QAFP Examination FP Canada Blueprint: QAFP Examination. Each question on the exam is based on the elements of the FP Canada Standards Council Competency Profile and involves the integration across financial planning areas.
QAFP exam is less complex in terms of questions and financial planning situations compared to the CFP Exam.
To write the QAFP Exam, you must have successfully completed the following within the past four years:
- FP Canada Approved Core Curriculum Program
- FP Canada Institute Introduction to Professional Ethics (IPE) course
Please refer to the FP Canada website, for specific details surrounding eligibility
PlannerPrep’s QAFP Product Overview
Support your preparation and studying with PlannerPrep’s comprehensive packages of QAFP practice exams and study guides.
QAFP Practice Exams
- 3 QAFP Practice Exams, which replicate the QAFP Exam administered by FP Canada
- Includes 60 multiple choice questions based on 6 full case studies
- PlannerPrep’s software makes the experience of taking the practice exams as relevant as possible
- All Practice Exams include detailed answer key with explanations and traceability to competency profiles
- Multiple attempts available for each Practice Exam
QAFP/CFP Study Guide
- Covers all competency areas and financial planning topics
- Comprehensive content covers all financial planning areas in 300+ pages
- Downloadable PDF included for smartphones, computers and print-outs
- Focused content ensure study time is as efficient as possible
Products available for individual purchase or by affordable product bundles.